Monday 12 September 2011

One Day - Will you read it, see it or hear it?

One Day, by David Nicholls is a novel and a screen play and is out in the cinema at the moment. 



I'm going to see it on Wednesday (good old Orange Wednesdays), and so I'm trying to quickly read the book before I see it. Books are always better than their screen counterparts, and part of me doesn't mind if I haven't finished it in-time because book endings are always better. 



However, my review isn't about reading it or seeing it but rather hearing it. 
Knowing that I would struggle to read it in time with all the school work I have to do(I know, already), I thought I'd have a look and see if there were any audio versions that I could download. 
There are quite a few sites offering downloads, but I didn't trust most of them. The best I came across was www.audible.co.uk An Amazon company. Audible uses it's own software and enables you to bookmark where you've listened to.
It has a special offer on at the moment, but I came to it through Amazon, where it listed the various formats it came in - kindle, hardcover, paperback, audio etc. In the audio section it listed 'Audio Download, Unabridged £18.74 or Free with Audible.co.uk 30-day free trial' 
(link needs to be refreshed so to work).


So of course I checked out the, one book a month, 30-day free trial, and I'm pleased I did. You can sign up for the trial and cancel the membership whenever you want, and even keep the downloaded book. 
There are a couple of narrations out there, but Anna Bentnick's is the best. This is an unabridged version so it is as if you are reading it.


 I'm going to get on with my work now...while listening to One Day.

No comments: